The new shared care record system combines all your health information from the different organisations involved in your health and care, such as GP practices, hospitals, ambulance and social care services. Health and social care professionals will be able to see your records through the Herefordshire and Worcestershire Shared Care Record. Having a more joined-up view of your information will help them give you better, safer care.
Social Prescribing is a means of enabling GPs and other frontline healthcare professionals to refer patients to a social prescriber. This provides them with a face-to-face conversation during which they can learn about opportunities to improve their health and wellbeing. The social prescriber can motivate and support individuals to achieve the change(s) that they want to achieve.
How Does It Work?
A member of one of the 44 GP practices involved may suggest a referral to the Social Prescribing service. One of the Social Prescribers in the local area will contact the service user and work with them to explore and co-produce local opportunities or information available to support the individual to improve their health and well-being.
Contact the team on:
Social prescribers: 0300 303 5291
Wellbeing Coaching: 01905 27525
Lifestyle Advice: 01905 27525
The social prescriber is:
- Somone to talk to confidentially
- Someone to is practical, helpful and who will not judge
- Someone who can help an individual decide what they would like to do to improve their own health, wellbeing and independence
- Someone who can find you activities that will suit an individual's needs
- Someone who can give support
Social prescribing can link you with many services in your community to help. These may include:
- Healthy lifestyles and active lives
- Arts, music, outdoors and creativity
- Befriending, counselling and other support groups
- Housing benefits and financial support and advice
- Employment, training and volunteering
- Education and learning
- Getting involved in local groups and activities
- Accessing specialist services and support